How to Successfully and Easily Set Up Your Ambi Climate
When confronted with so many Smart Home devices, it gets easier to focus on the strong-points and preferences you might have when choosing which to include in your home. One thing to consider is how easy or hard it is to start using a device. Luckily, Ambi Climate is a breeze to set up!
We pride ourselves on keeping it super simple; contrary to other Smart Home products or systems, Ambi Climate requires no technicians or elaborate installations. It’s as simple as this: download the Ambi Climate app, take your Ambi out of the box and plug it in, follow a few in-app steps to set up and 5 minutes later you’re ready to go! Sounds like a dream, doesn’t it?
Here’s the low-down:
- Download app: if you haven’t already, download our app on iOS or Android and create your account.
- Plug in: with each Ambi Climate device, we send out a USB cable and a plug to match your power socket. You don’t need to fumble and search for anything!
- Place your Ambi: ideally within 2-4 meters away from your AC, making sure it’s in a clear line of sight but not in direct air flow (more on that below).
- Add your device: next, fire up the app and add your Ambi by creating a location and following the on-screen instructions to connect it to your home WiFi network.
- Pair your remote: you can either choose your specific remote model from a list or opt for auto-pairing; either way, just follow the instructions and you’ll be on your path to comfort in no time! You can check compatibility here and chat with us through the app in case you need any help.
WiFi Connection: Our AI relies on real-time sensor data and online weather data which is collected and sent back to our cloud. In order for Ambi Climate to continuously control and adjust your AC, it’ll need a stable WiFi connection to rely on, as well as obviously be plugged into a power outlet.
Optimal Placement: in order to ensure your device is correctly sending infrared signals and isn’t affected by external factors that might interfere with the accuracy of the sensors, we suggest you:
- Place your Ambi within 2-4 meters (6-13 feet) from your air conditioner, in clear line of sight
- Do not place in direct sunlight, heat sources or in the direct air stream of your air conditioner
- Place on a flat, bright surface around the middle of the room and make sure nothing is obstructing it
Extras: Now that you’re set-up, you can go on and explore all that Ambi has to offer and experience it to the fullest! You can learn about our different modes and try them all out to see which one you like best; dive deeper into our AI engine and how it can enhance your comfort; or learn more about your usage and see how your choices affect everything.
If you’re still looking for info, feel free to also check out our FAQ page or User Guide; if all else fails, our Customer Support team is here to help – just email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or chat with us in-app!